intooba construction kits for K-6. The benefits of using physical kits for mathematics and engineering in elementary and middle school are:
- students can learn the vital skills of collaboration, listening, and expressing/explaining their opinions;
- students learn that they may need to attempt to solve problems multiple times in order to meet the requirements of the problem;
- students use their hands and minds in construction thereby giving a visual and practical application to math and engineering;
- teachers can “see” how children are thinking by observing how they construct their engineering/building challenges;
- teachers can see how children are working together and expressing themselves in collaborative project work.